Mosques are a place to pray where Muslims gather 5 times a day to offer Salah. The Holy structure of the Mosque is an integral part of the religion Islam. There are many ancient Mosques around the world which hold majestic history and are worth visiting. To get
always choose a trustworthy and reliable agency to have a wonderful experience of Umrah and to have the privilege to visit the most ancient Mosques in Saudi Arabia and to visit ancient Mosques around the world you may seek a world tour.
1) Al-Aqsa: Al-Aqsa means the farthest Mosque because the Last Prophet Muhammad began his Journey of Miraj from Al-Aqsa. It is believed Al-Aqsa was built by Prophet Ibrahim AS after He built the Holy Kabah. Al-Aqsa is the ancient Mosque which used to be the First (Qibla) direction in which Muslims turn to pray.
2) Mosque of the Companions: The Mosque of the companions is located in the city of Massawa, Eritrea, which is supposed the First Mosque in the world. It was allegedly built by the companions of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ who travelled to Africa to escape oppression by people in the Hejaiz city of Makah, nowadays in Saudi Arabia.
3) Masjid-Quba: The significant mosque which is mentioned in Quran was the first mosque established by Prophet Muhammad PBUH himself. The mosque is located on the out strike of Madina, initially, it was built in the village of Quba 6 Km off Medina, and after the expansion of Medina it was included in the City of Medina.
4) Masjid e Nabvi ﷺ: The Prophet’s Mosque is the second Mosque which Prophet Muhammad PBUH built after migration to Medina. The last Prophet Muhammad PBUH had lived 6 years of life and died in Madina. He ﷺ was buried in his house and house of his wife Aisha (RA) where he breathed his last.
5) Masjid Qiblaytain: Two years later after Migration from Makkah to Medina, a companion of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ “Sawad bin Ghanam bin kaab” built the historic Mosque. It is named “Qiblaytain” which means Two Qibla because the revelation to change the direction of Kabah from Al-Aqsa to The Holy Kabbah was revealed here.
6) Al-Haram: The most Magnificent and ancient place in Islam. The Holy Kabah is inside Al-Haram which was built by Prophet Ibrahim and his son Ismael AS. Even after a long period had passed Kabah always held a significant place, before the arrival of Islam the Quraysh took care of the Holy Kabah.
7) Great Mosque of Sana’a: Al-Jami Al-Kabir bi- Sana’a is established in Yemen. The Mosque is believed to be built in the early Islamic period in 633. The mosque is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage site of the old city of Sana’a.
8) Masjid Al-Mashar Al-Haram: Mosque Al-Mashar is located in Muzdalifah, the area where the Prophet Muhammad PBUH made supplications during his Farewell Pilgrimage. The Mosque is situated in the middle of Mosque Al-Khayf in Mina and Masjid Al-Nimrah in Arafat.
9) Al-Najashi Mosque: Amid the ancient Mosques, one of the oldest Mosques is Al-Najashi Mosque Al-Najashi is located in Nejash, Tigray Ethiopia. The Mosque was built in the 7th Century in early period of Islam.
10) Mosque Nimrah: Mosque Nimrah is situated in the Valley of Urana (Wadi-e-Urana) in the plains of Arafat. During the farewell Pilgrimage, the Prophet Muhammad PBUH delivered his iconic Khutaba-tul-widda (the last Sermon) in Masjid Nimrah. Hence it is one of the ancient Mosques in the world.
To let people living in the UK come to Saudi Arabia and perform Umrah many travel agencies arrange a visit to Saudi Arabia and have designed affordable Umrah packages. People can come to perform Umrah from UK using Cheap December umrah packages according to their budgets.