Yesterday was a long but rewarding day :)
I had a blast talking with André Paula and João Jotta from LinuxTechPT podcast. It's really something to be able to speak again in my own idiom specially when I often don't have that chance (since I'm in Prague). Moreover it's always super fun to be able to talk with like-minded people and even more when the subject is Collabora Online and all the cool things we have been doing and contributing at Collabora Productivity.
- Who am I
- Collabora: our parent company
- Collabora: The cool advancements done in FLOSS VR/XR and Monado
- Collabora Productivity: Major contributor to LibreOffice
- Yes it is a FLOSS company
- What is Collabora Online: The driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the cloud with support and backed by a huge community and partner network View infographics
- What is Collabora Online: Viewing and Collaborative editing; Excellent interoperability with Microsoft formats; On-premise Integration with 150+ different partners; Simple architecture
- Each document is served by a single node to which all requests and edits are sent for that document by the HA gateway: F5, HA proxy etc..
- Each node is ultimately stateless
- Documents and the cloud: your document doesn't leave your premise. I repeat your document does not leave your server.
- Mission: Make Open Source Rock
- Many have chosen Collabora Online specially due to its full-feature offer while ensuring high security levels (in contrast with other solutions: pixels, GDPR, etc)
- Complete solution: Collabora Online + Collabora Office (formats and rich documents)
- CODE: Collabora Online Development Edition (so many options: Native Linux packages, snapshots, App centre, Docker image)
- Collabora Online regularly saves documents to your existing storage.
- Others might require a separate Highly Available(HA) Redis frontend; access to a shared, HA NFS server; access to a HA postgress database cluster; access to an HA RabbitMQ message bus. Collabora Online does not.
- Collabora Online requires no third party services except of course it needs to connect to your existing file-storage solution.
- Collabora Online requires only a standard, basic Linux base-system to run on top of.
- Work with community and with partner network = awesome plugins ( view and Edit collaborativly without leaving Mattermost; ios and other news, awesome integrations with partners etc (and out of the blue, and believe it was not planed, João receives a cool native ios notification saying that there is a new Collabora Online version and that his Netxcloud instance is now using it!)
- Collabora Online VS GDocs
- Collabora Online VS Microsoft Office 365
- We are in the process of improving the Pricing page so it's crystal clear which option is right for each different case/company needs. So stay tuned!
- Quick personal QA sprint